TOC Scholarship Fund
Scholarship Co-Chair – Shanda Adams
Scholarship Co-Chair – Mike Powell
- UDC Scholarship: TOC will present a scholarship gift to the University of the District of Columbia (UDC) Foundation. This gift will provide financial assistance to two outstanding incoming freshmen who have graduated from a Washington, DC public high school, and are interested in earning a degree at UDC.
Scholarship Guidelines: The primary criteria used to select the recipients will include:
- A history of academic excellence, as demonstrated by transcripts from grades 10, 11, and to date. Information to include conversion percentages if a letter grade is given.
- An appropriate response to an essay question not to exceed 500 words by the applicant (essay question enclosed separately).
- Two references one familiar with the applicant’s academic history and one familiar with the applicant’s community involvement. References cannot be related to the applicant.
- A demonstrated involvement in school and community activities. The applicant’s response to the essay question and references will be used to determine eligibility for this criteria.