View all of the recent Distinguished Service Award winners on the TOC Award Winners page.
TOC Awards Committee Co-Chair Shanda Adams discusses the various awards TOC gives to distinguished winners. She’ll introduce you to four previous award winners and ask them to talk about their winning projects. They will review their projects and give updates on the progress they have made since receiving their Distinguished TOC award.
You will receive tools and takeaways from the session that you could leverage with programs in your agency. This session is a great opportunity to ask questions, get advice, and understand why they received a distinguished award!
Leadership Development Award Winner: Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division, Keyport
Program: Propel: A Launching Platform for Supervisors
Leadership Development Award Winner: National Institute of Health
Program: NIH Training Center Continuum of Leadership Development Programs
Learning Measurement and Analytics Award Winner: U.S. Department of State, Foreign Service Institute
Program: Foreign Service Institute (FSI) Policies and Standards for Training Evaluation
Learning Technologies Award Winner: Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division, Keyport
Program: Advanced Skills Management Navy Ordnance Enhancement
The Training Officers Consortium Distinguished Service Awards Program was launched by the Training Officers Consortium in 1955 to stimulate improved government-sponsored training programs through recognition of individuals making significant contributions to the Federal training community in the field of human resource development (training, education, and development).
Awards are given in the following categories:
- Leadership Development: Presented to an individual, team or agency that has made significant accomplishments in leadership development. Leadership development can encompass any number of developmental processes including the following areas: individual development planning; executive, management and/or supervisory development; 360-degree assessment and feedback; succession planning; mentoring; and coaching.
- Innovation: Presented to an individual, team or agency for a creative new approach, training program or developmental activity that employs non-traditional methods, tools or technology to achieve desired performance outcomes.
- Training Design and Development: Presented to an individual, team or agency that has made significant accomplishments in the design and development of a training program or curriculum.
- Career Development: Presented to an individual, team or agency that has made significant accomplishments with focus on influencing a community of learning or helping individuals develop their professional skills and expertise.
- Learning Measurement & Analytics: Presented to an individual, team or agency that has made significant accomplishments in implementing learning analysis process models and systems to measure learning interventions, program effectiveness and/or organizational outcomes.
- Learning Technologies: Presented to an individual, team or agency that has developed an innovative, effective and user-friendly technology system for managing, tracking or delivering training or other learning activities.
- Spencer Logan Award: The Spencer Logan Leadership Award is given to a senior trainer who has, throughout his or her career, made innovations in the field of Federal human resources development (i.e., Human Capital). The awardee has: (1) initiated actions that have had an impact beyond one’s organization; (2) contributed substantially to TOC; and (3) through one’s ethics, dedication and leadership, served as a role model for the training community.