- This event has passed.
Professional Etiquette in a Virtual World
October 20 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
We’ve all been thrown into the virtual meeting world, ready or not. But what does virtual professional etiquette look like? Rather than figure this out through trial and error, we’re going to review some good ideas with TOC Registrant Dina Nance.
The problem this workshop will solve is the unprofessional, unorganized and lack of preparation associated with leading or attending Virtual Meetings and Conferences. By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify Mission of Virtual Meeting or Conference
- Evaluate Meeting Preparation Techniques
- Be Prepared For On-Camera Presentation
- Setup Practice Session / Test Virtual Video and Audio Packages
- Address Wardrobe, Room Design, Lighting
- Identify Great Posture & Position Before the Camera
- Practice, Practice, Practice Your Content
- Protect Sensitive Information / Send Materials Prior To Session
- Stick to the Schedule / Minimize Distractions
- Remain Present / Engage Your Team / Purpose to Participate
- Deliver Virtual Session or Attend Virtual Session
- Create an Individual Virtual Meeting Skills Performance Plan
This program covers topics in the Learning Technologies track.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) covered in this session: Business Acumen (Human Capital Management).
Our speaker for this event is Dina Bell Nance, Owner & Chief Culture Officer of Training by Design, Inc. Ms. Nance is celebrating 18 years of business excellence, graduating from the University of MD, Baltimore County with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science. Dina has taken numerous classes toward a Master’s Degree in the Marketing field at University of Maryland, University College. She was a keynote speaker at the ODNI 2019 The Intelligence Community Conference, and won the 2019 Top MBE Award for Business Excellence from the Capital Region Minority Supplier Development Council and the Women of Leadership & Excellence Award in 2018 from MEA & Women Leadership