Unintentional Bias Impacts Your Agency
May 12 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Successful agencies hire a diverse workforce, but does that diversity of perspectives make it to the members of the public whom you serve? Does your public relations team understand how different cultures impact the mission? In this highly interactive session, you will make an action plan for bringing unconscious bias to light in your agency to better serve your mission.
- Understand unconscious bias and uncover some of your own;
- Discover the implications of unconscious bias on your agency;
- Identify the filters through which colleagues view and interpret themselves and others;
- Create an action plan for informing your colleagues regarding unconscious bias;
- Apply this knowledge to everyday work experiences;
This program covers topics in the Leadership Development track.
Executive Core Qualification (ECQ) covered in this session: Leading People (Leveraging Diversity).
Karen Snyder has 30 years of experience as a dynamic presenter, author, trainer, coach, and consultant. She collaborates with CEOs and HR Directors to solve the people problems in their organizations. Karen motivates clients to achieve personal and professional goals through her insightful observations, practical business skills, and direct approach. Karen brings mindfulness, strength, and joy to the workplaces where she empowers others to create the lives they wish for themselves. Her authenticity encourages each member’s potential, thereby helping groups work together and value one another. Karen is a genuinely gifted communicator, full of inspirational insights and wisdom, and her delivery is always served with a splash of spunk.