- This event has passed.
Holiday Charity Social
December 12 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
TOC is happy to partner with TOC Registrant Management Concepts to cordially invite you to attend Management Concepts’ 1st Annual Partnership Appreciation Event and Holiday Charity Social to Benefit S.O.M.E.
The event will take place on Thursday, December 12, 2019 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the City Club of Washington, DC.
All members of Management Concepts partner organizations are invited to attend and enjoy an evening of refreshments, networking, and festivities, all while supporting a good cause. This year we are raising money and collecting much-needed non-perishable food and toiletry items for So Others Might Eat (S.O.M.E.) an interfaith organization fighting homelessness and poverty in Washington, DC.
Visit the registration page for more details and to RSVP.
You are welcome to bring the following non-perishable items to the event for donation:
Food: No opened food products or items with expired dates.
- Peanut butter
- Low-sodium soup
- Canned fruit, in its own juice or water
- Canned vegetables, no added sodium
- Meals in a can, such as chili, beef stew, spaghetti
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat pastas and pasta sauce
- Low sugar cereal and oatmeal
- Healthy snacks
- Oils and vinegars
- Canned chicken, salmon, and tuna
Clothing: New and gently-used, seasonally appropriate. If used, laundered and free of tears and/or stains.
- Underwear for men and women, especially larger sizes (new underwear only)
- Socks for men and women (new or gently worn)
- Bras (new or gently worn)
- Casual shoes
- Plus-sized items for men and women
- Men’s shirts, jeans, and casual pants
- Maternity clothes
- Infant clothes
- Adult diapers
- Baby wipes
- Diapers and pullups for babies and toddlers
- Pads and tampons
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Shaving cream
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Blankets/quilts in all sizes
- Sheet sets and pillowcases in all sizes
- Towels and washcloths
- New cleaning supplies (dish and laundry detergent, etc.)
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Garbage bags
- Reusable grocery bags
- Reusable water bottles
- Gift cards to grocery and health stores, such as CVS, Giant, Safeway and Harris Teeter (amounts anywhere between $5-$20+).
- Metro fare cards
- Checks made out to SOME
- Cash if in a sealed envelope with the amount written on the outside
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Clark, Director, Marketing and Strategic Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org or Vera Medici, Events Marketing Manager, at email@example.com.