June Annual Awards Event
June 11 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
The Training Officers Consortium Distinguished Service Awards Program was launched by the Training Officers Consortium in 1955 to stimulate improved government-sponsored training programs through recognition of individuals making significant contributions to the Federal training community in the field of human resource development (training, education, and development).
Awards are given in the following categories:
- Leadership Development: Presented to an individual, team or agency that has made significant accomplishments in leadership development. Leadership development can encompass any number of developmental processes including the following areas: individual development planning; executive, management and/or supervisory development; 360-degree assessment and feedback; succession planning; mentoring; and coaching.
- Innovation: Presented to an individual, team or agency for a creative new approach, training program or developmental activity that employs non-traditional methods, tools or technology to achieve desired performance outcomes.
- Training Design and Development: Presented to an individual, team or agency that has made significant accomplishments in the design and development of a training program or curriculum.
- Career Development: Presented to an individual, team or agency that has made significant accomplishments with focus on influencing a community of learning or helping individuals develop their professional skills and expertise.
- Learning Measurement & Analytics: Presented to an individual, team or agency that has made significant accomplishments in implementing learning analysis process models and systems to measure learning interventions, program effectiveness and/or organizational outcomes.
- Learning Technologies: Presented to an individual, team or agency that has developed an innovative, effective and user-friendly technology system for managing, tracking or delivering training or other learning activities.
- Spencer Logan Award: The Spencer Logan Leadership Award is given to a senior trainer who has, throughout his or her career, made innovations in the field of Federal human resources development (i.e., Human Capital). The awardee has: (1) initiated actions that have had an impact beyond one’s organization; (2) contributed substantially to TOC; and (3) through one’s ethics, dedication and leadership, served as a role model for the training community.