OPM recently released a newly-developed online training course entitled, “Basic Employee Relations: Your Accountability as a Supervisor or Manager.” The course is designed to help educate and provide Federal leaders with knowledge and strategies to successfully hold their employees accountable in the workplace – an objective consistently shown through workplace studies as a critical contributor to organizational success and positive human capital management outcomes. The course is highly-interactive – integrating electronic job aids and activities to increase and enhance learning.
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management developed this e-Course to assist agencies in delivering impactful and easily accessible training, providing supervisors, managers, and Employee Relations practitioners with the tools and resources to proactively and effectively address employees who are engaging in misconduct or demonstrating poor performance. Agency labor and employee relations program offices should become familiar with the course and incorporate it where appropriate. The web-based course is provided to agencies at no cost on HR University’s Manager’s Corner at http://hru.gov/Course_Catalog.aspx?cid=240&mgr=false. Agencies may also request a link to the SCORM files to upload the web-based course to their learning management system (LMS).
If you have questions about the course, please contact Employee Accountability at (202) 606-2930 or EmployeeAccountability@opm.gov.
Additional no cost courses on OPM’s Manager’s Corner include:
- Introduction to Leave, Work-Life, and Workplace Flexibilities
- Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking in the Workplace
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Leading Change
- Telework Fundamentals – Manager Training
- Executive Excellence and Wellness through Strategic Leadership
- Linking and Developing Measurable SES Results-Focused Performance Requirements
- Leading A Generationally Diverse Workforce
- Maximizing Employee Engagement